Wednesday 26 April 2017

Harvest Time

It seems that everything has come ready all at once.

I have plenty of apples and I've been given more by friends who have an overabundance this year.  It has been a great season for apples.

I've been given lots of black boy peaches.

I got fed up with the birds eating my not quite ripe grapes and did a big pick over the weekend.

I'm picking a kg of field mushrooms every couple of days.

The blackberries are still going strong, a month after they've usually finished.

The elderberries have just finished.

This has led to several very busy weeks, bottling, brewing, drying and baking.  Luckily, I gave up my job recently and now have time to do this.

The apples have become several Apple and Walnut Crumbles in the freezer and lots of dried apple slices.  The peels and cores have become Apple Jelly.

The black boy peaches became a fruit pie and a couple of bags of quartered peaches in the freezer.

The grapes are currently sitting in two brew barrel fermenters as 50 litres of Black Grape Wine.

The freezer is again well stocked with sliced and sauteed Field Mushrooms.

The elderberries are currently 14 litres of Elderberry Wine fermenting madly away.


No comments:

Post a Comment